Monday, September 30, 2013

Hanging at Lantern Hill (My Mind's Eye Sketch Challenge entry)

Lantern Hill
 
 
My sons are 29 and 32 today. When I look back at the photos I have of them when they were young,
of course I wish I had taken more, but mostly I'm excited to document those times that were so special.  The photos bring back the memories and feelings from way back then, and now I have a way to write them down and explain the photos.
 
This was a trip to Lantern Hill. It is the tallest point in our area. The kids and I walked to the top, where I took photos of  nature and dh took photos of the kids and me.  The boys had so much fun, playing in the bushes and celebrating that they got to the top of the "big hill". I am so very happy that I have these photos! My journaling on this layout is hidden under that piece of paper that is under the photo.
 
I am entering this layout into the My Mind's Eye September Sketch Challenge.  Here is the sketch:

Here is my layout:
 
 
Here are a couple of close-ups:
 
 
 
Here are the credits:
The following are from My Mind's Eye - paper and tags (On the Bright Side), journaling card piece (Out of the Blue Boy), enamel shapes (Cut & Paste), buttons (Boy Crazy), stamps (Indie Chic, Kraft Funday Every Day Fun and Lost & Found).
 
Studio Calico Let's Adventure stamp, washi tape, sequins, acrylic geotag and wood shapes.
American Crafts, Thickers
Freckled Fawn Dew Drops arrows
Ranger, Inc., Glossy Accents
Twine - from my stash
3M ATG
 
Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Sandy! I love the 2 alphas you used for the title, and the way you paired woodgrain with polka dots. A fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job on the sketch Sandy!!! I just adore MME and you did a fantastic job! LOVE the button border and those little arrows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout!! Great job with the sketch, and I love all the little embellies and the patterned papers you used. Looks great with the photo--which is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I'm average_kim from the ACOT MB! Thanks for sharing a link to your blog!

      Delete
  4. Sandy, your LO is beautiful! I absolutely love the colors and the pattern paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete